St. Columban School officially opened its doors on September 21, 1926 with seventy (70) students in a brick building located on Broadway Street in Loveland, Ohio. (the present site of Village View Apartments.) At its inception, three Sisters of Notre Dame of Covington, KY staffed the school. Over the years, additional classrooms were opened, but, by 1956, with an enrollment of over three hundred (300) students, the parish decided to build a new school. St. Columban Parish acquired a piece of property “situated at the junction of Wards Corner and Route 48, 27 acres, 10 absolutely level.” Grades 4-8 moved into the new school by October, 1958, and were joined by Grades 1, 2 and 3 in September, 1961. Due to large enrollment and limited space, first grade was not available beginning with the 1964-65 school year, as was the case in many Archdiocesan schools. First grade was reinstated with two classrooms in September, 1985. As St. Columban Parish continued to grow, a third first grade and second grade were added in 1996 and 1997 respectively, with plans to add a third class at each level. In the 2002-2003 school year, expansion to three classrooms was completed through the 8th grade. The next addition to St. Columban was the establishment of the kindergarten as a half-day program in 2008. The kindergarten grew to two full-day classrooms with its own building in 2014. In 2017-2018, St. Columban welcomed Pre-K. The school currently serves approximately 570 students.
Jeff Ebbeler, Class of ’88