top of page

PTO Meeting Minutes 1/6/23

St. Columban PTO Meeting

January 6, 2023

8:30 AM, Cafeteria

Attendees –

Christine Settlemire

Alison Shimala

Sarah Estill

Michelle Hosta

Erin Giblin

Liz Rigby

Mrs. Bowling

Mrs. Muchmore

Amanda Kommeth

8:35 AM – Opening Prayer by Liz Rigby

8:36 AM – Women’s CRHP (Erin Campbell and Val Alt)

· Feb 11-12, 2023:

o Starts 8 AM Saturday – conclude Sunday by 3:30

· Weekend of fellowship and prayer

8:47 AM – Treasurer Report (Erin Giblin)

· $166,708 current bank balance

· $995 brought in from Breakfast from Santa (great event, went well)

o Spent $710 + Santa (not paid yet)

· CSW – budgeted $4000

8:49 AM – President’s Report (Amanda + Michelle)

· Catholic Schools Week 2023

o 1.5.23 – unanimous decision by PTO board for shirt #2 at the approximate cost of $4600

§ Shirt #2 – Short sleeve, white shirt. Front St. C logo in two colors – black and red. Back shield design with red lettering only.

o Potential to add a CSW logo on the sleeve (‘Faith-Excellence-Service’)

§ OR small under the shield? With year?

§ How else to work in the CSW logo? What about a large sign in the front lobby? Work in something related to this with the full school picture.

o CSW week provide a treat? Another option instead of donuts? Hot chocolate, popcorn, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches

§ Movie and popcorn day and we provide the popcorn (circus theme maybe)? Maybe split younger and older kids between gym and cafeteria OR parish hall

· Parent volunteers during this time and then teachers can do something special

o Potential social community event during CSW, downtown Loveland somewhere

§ Alison to contact Hops and Berries to see what’s available

§ Potentially Friday, Feb 3

o Option C blast to go out today (1.6.23) with Google Doc for t-shirt sizes

· Christmas gifts for teachers

o Went pretty well overall

o Some issues with Amazon this year, will try to work out better for next year

o Some decided to donate back or to others, etc. – working through a few of those still

· 5th and 6th grade events – upcoming

o Volleyball this year

§ First few weekends in March, use a Friday night?

§ Need chairs for this, put something in the newsletter

§ $3000 budget

o Dance next year

· Back to school supply boxes

o Email out to start thinking about

o Will need lists in March

o Need someone to manage this though for 2023, someone super detailed to run this – call on the ambassadors for this?

· Yearbooks past few years – Mrs. Muchmore to try to get an update

· Planetarium (whole school)

o Budget $5500

o 45 minutes presentation for older kids, but 20 mins for PreK and K

o Jan 23-24

· Aquarium – potential to bring them in this year as well, sometime in March?

· Lent Service Project – Amanda has reached out, but has not heard back

o Maybe partner with Student Council / Mr. Drinnen and Mrs. Hansel

· Potential school cleanup in the spring and fall – split the grades and some do fall and some do spring

· Garden, Mrs. Worpenberg – working on this

· Community event – end of school year, Reds game OR do something like this at the start of the year to bring everyone together? Table this for the start of the year.

· Easter egg hunt – reach out to ambassadors for someone to run this event next year

o Target April 2nd, ~12:30 PM

· Kindergarten recess equipment – volleyballs, soccer balls and some pop up soccer goals, outdoor blocks with storage

· New black mats for cafeteria (Mrs. Muchmore to ask Patrick L.)

· Lockers for Junior High (Erin) – school renovating soon and we may be able to grab those

10:10 AM -- Closing Prayer, Christine Settlemire

NEXT PTO MEETING – February 3, 2023


bottom of page